Megadeth - United Abominations | Love it/Hate it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts

The past reborn...

Whoa this has to be the first CD of the year that I actually took a liking to after listening to it the first time! What's even better about it is that it is as close to a return to Megadeth's roots that we'll ever get ;). The 1st track starts off heavy and raw and only slows down for the remake of "A Tout Le Monde". I'm stunned that they could actually pull off a return to stuff they used to do from Countdown to Extinction and before.

Mustaine's lyrics aren't quite as clever as they usually are, but the sound more then makes up for that IMHO.

Has anyone else picked up this CD yet?

What do you guys think of it, inquiring mods want to know! :P

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
I listened to it.  Thrash Metal isn't really my style.  So I am neutral.
acekingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 acekingu
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i love it!!!

megadeth is one of my favourite bands

and the new version of a tout le monde is great, i really liked the first 4 songs in the album, then i found the others to be just good. also i agree with you mustaine lyrics are not as intense as they used to be..... 

Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Krall

i love it!!!

megadeth is one of my favourite bands

and the new version of a tout le monde is great, i really liked the first 4 songs in the album, then i found the others to be just good. also i agree with you mustaine lyrics are not as intense as they used to be.....

acekingu

I liked the new version of tout le monde, but it kind of killed the flow to me.

Yeah I wonder why the lyrics were toned down? The sound is right on the mark so I can only wonder what this new lineup will do on the next album... I hate waiting though :P

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I really like the new album. Its not as mind blowing as their older stuff but its a great thrash metal album. I really like "Washington is next". I actually like all the songs on the album but some are better than others. Overall, i think its great to see Megadeth releasing a new album with the kind of the music we all know and love them for. :D
makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts
YAY MEGADETH!
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
I love it. Just picked it up this morning, and it kills Linkin Park's new album. Linkin Park's new album was a waste where Megadeths was well worth the 15 bucks! But where is Vic Rattlehead? Why is he not gracing the cover?
redtiger676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 redtiger676
Member since 2004 • 3266 Posts
I love it! I think it's one amazing metal album, I'll tell ya that. Definately reminds be of RIP.
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
It's better than their other new stuff, but not something spectacular.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Don't think I'll be able to pick it up today, but I'll certainly be getting it in the near future.
icstars2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 icstars2
Member since 2006 • 12385 Posts
i havent seen it before :P
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krall

I really like the new album. Its not as mind blowing as their older stuff but its a great thrash metal album. I really like "Washington is next". I actually like all the songs on the album but some are better than others. Overall, i think its great to see Megadeth releasing a new album with the kind of the music we all know and love them for. :DCaddy06_88

Yeah most bands deviate from what made them great and never ever return. That's why I'm so surprised at this one, it's not a perfect return to their roots but it's damn close.

I'm actually liking the title track United Abominations a lot more for the background lyrics of U.N. bashing :) 

Nitrobrain07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nitrobrain07
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
 Megadeth is one of my top ten favorite bands ever.My second favorite in the thrash metal genre after Metallica (1983-1996  stuff) However,the good thing about Megadeth is that they are one of those bands from the past that have always stayed true to metal no matter what.Unlike Metallica wich have gone from bad to worst since the release of Reload and everything they did after that IMO.I haven't listened to the full album yet (Only the samples from Amazon.com) But what i've heard seems pretty good and im looking forward to get their new CD this next month.Gears of War,United Abominations,Washington is Next! and Sleepwalker are probably the four tracks that i like the most on the album.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

Yeah most bands deviate from what made them great and never ever return. That's why I'm so surprised at this one, it's not a perfect return to their roots but it's damn close.

I'm actually liking the title track United Abominations a lot more for the background lyrics of U.N. bashing :)

Krall

Yes that is too true about never returning to the full glory, which is a big shame. I really like that song aswell for the same reasons. Thinking more and more about the album, i like it more and more. :) 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
United Abominations?

I will sample a few songs sometime in the future.
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts
i loved it, look at my blog post about it
Recycleation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Recycleation
Member since 2007 • 2758 Posts
bah!! i want it :(
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Not listening to it, ever since Dave went all Christian............
ferret837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ferret837
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts

Not listening to it, ever since Dave went all Christian............X360PS3AMD05

Ya i know but it only mentions god in one song really, its not chrisitian thrash metal lol. But dave is no longer playing guitar due to him ''falling asleep on his hand, while waiting in a hostpistal.'' (I saw this on there site...) But guitar playings as good if not better than normal